Jan 1, 2011

new year

Amity and I ended up doing new year's eve dinner at home last night. pictures are pretty self explanatory, but i'll go through them quickly. We started off with a foie gras pate that Amity had brought back from France earlier this year. Next up were two HUGE lobsters served with corn and new potatoes. the lobsters were 2 - 2.5 lbs each, which as it turns out is a lot of lobster to eat for one person!! then a nice triple-cream cheese before finishing off with champagne gelée with citrus. This final recipe comes from david lebovitz new cookbook I got for christmas, and it was quite delicious. It's basically champagne jell-o, which I took the liberty to spike with some yuzu (very good idea!). Just before serving you add some citrus segments (or whatever is in season). Lebovitz uses blood oranges, kumquats, grapefruits and candied orange peel in the book. I couldn't find kumquats yesterday, so I used pomelo, oranges, grapefruit and candied orange peel. Yumm!! Happy New Year!!!








2 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous. We had the same cheese. No flours or foi gras though

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks just like my nye dinner, minus the pate. and the lobster. and the gelee. and we had california sparkling, not champagne. with pizza.

    damn, I feel dirty now.

    ReplyDelete